SIMPLE CHALLENGE: Build the best web 2.0 widget/app in seven days. Team can be any size 1-n developers, programmers, designers.
FORMAT: Ski * Snowboard design, Rocky Mt. resort data and audience.
Can a cross OS Widget application be constructed, tested and proven to be cool in seven days? The 16Eight seeks to find out what are the creative possibilities of developing within 7 days.
- should a widget combine flash, ajax and/or ruby?
- or use an Apple widget or Yahoo konfabulator widget code base?
- is flex or apollo the best way to go?
The Boulder Cup Challenge
Develop a widget that provides ski & snow conditions that can run as a browser widget, posted in the sidebar of a blog or sitting on a desktop.
To win the 16eight challenge the entry must run on Mac & PC and:
- create an engaging UI &UX
- provide access to ski conditions or ski webcam web resources
- socialize part of the experience
- access an image database of ski and snowboard items
- display an ad inventory
- logic matching weather conditions to appropriate items
- Web 2.0 without the Web
- 1st Prize
- The 16Eight Boulder Cup
- Magnum 2000 Magnificat Meritage Franciscan Oakville Estate
- Best combination of UI & UX
- Best code based on fewest number of lines and maximum number of functions
- Best overall experience